Pages

Thursday 19 January 2012

Order(s), order(s)

In my blog last week I mentioned that I was attending a crochet class. Well I did, I saw....but I haven't quite conquered it yet - there's certainly an art to this craft! I am sure with plenty more practice (and more patience if I'm being perfectly honest) there will be more to show in the future. At the minute all I could share would be something possibly resembling a coaster....but you have to squint!


In the land of orders, it has been another amazing week and I am so happy with how things are going. The picture on the right is my first order which I mentioned in a previous blog post. I absolutely love this fabric and hope you agree that the matching bib and bodysuit are just so cute and gorgeous! I am obviously a little biased here, but I think they make great presents for newborns - something a little different than what you get in the shops...which is what Maple Designs is all about. All my bibs, bodysuits and tops can be made using a range of fabrics and below is a selection of the girly fabrics that I have to hand at the minute. I'll be adding more to fabric pile in coming weeks, so will make sure they are added to future blogs (so keep checking back...).


I've also had time to carry on with my knitting and this week have made the first knitted jam jar cover which is now taking pride of place in the spare room. It's an idea that I've seen in a few places and is a nice, simple way to add (and reuse) something to a room. Who'd have thought empty jam jars could have so many uses?!

On Wednesday morning I made another couple of orders. First up was a beautiful applique dinosaur fabric for a longsleeved t-shirt (thanks to Angela for that order....and the subequent ones!).

I also hand-crafted a matching whale fabric bib and babysuit combo (thanks to Lou for that order).




In the afternoon I attended the first in a set of three workshops run by SENTA (Sheffield Enterprise Network Agency) aimed at helping new businesses, which was excellent. Great to chat to likeminded individuals and lots of things to think about and follow up on before the next workshop in February.

I have also spent a lot (A LOT!) of time reading the amazing Sheffield food related tweets and blogs from Missie Cindz (aka Cindy Cheung) - go check her out!

Whilst catching up with a friend over coffee today I happened to get another couple of orders - this time lettering/initials/applique....all to be revealed (ok, show off) in future blogs.

Happy crafting x

No comments:

Post a Comment